Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jobs, justice and jealousy

Dear Diary,

Today’s entry brought to you by the letter ‘J’. ‘J’ should be for justice, but I’m beginning to think that is more a concept than a reality. So ‘J’ will be for job. I have been looking for a job for over a year. SO has been looking for a job for over a year. Neither of us has a job. BB started looking for a job 2 weeks ago, and starts work on Monday. Where is the justice in that? I am just as qualified as BB and SO has a freaking PhD. Alright I’m glad that BB has a job, this means there is someone to borrow money from when our savings runs out.

Seriously though I would understand if it was a personality thing, I admit that BB is more out going than I am. The thing is I never even seem to make it to the interview stage and my cover letters and resume are so up-beat they boarder on perky. I just don’t understand the fairness in a process where two equally qualified people look for a job and one candidate gets one right away and the other waits and waits and waits and hears nothing.

Oh that’s another thing if you are a hiring manager at least let the poor shmucks who didn’t get the job know that the position is filled. It’s rather sad to admit that rejection notifications are exciting because at least you know they got your application and acknowledged your existence.

Until next time,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is sad. Hope things break for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sucks. when things turn around, you'll understand why. in the meantime, the waiting is the worst. guess that's why they call it the "mean" time?
    Happy J & K day!

    ReplyDelete