Thursday, August 18, 2011

What do you do when a good friendship goes bad?

Dear Diary,

I am having a hard time finding the easy that my relationship with BB used to have. Since we lived together and have since moved into separate places, every time we hang out it feels forced. I don't feel comfortable sharing my sucesses or struggles anymore. At the same time I have a hard time feeling genuinly happy or sympathetic for BB successes and struggles. I fear our friendship will never be what it was before, but maybe it only worked because we lived so far apart. I am finding that we have very little in common and even simple conversations require work and I find myself spacing out in the middle of our chats. I don't want to see our friendship end but I don't know how to fix it. Or if it can be fixed.

Until next time,
Me

1 comment:

  1. I lost my best friend when I got married. It was a fast marriage and she got upset. She said things....I said things and although we still chat, it is NOT the same!! The only thing you can do is adjust to the friendship you have now. Just because the friendship changed, doesn't mean it has to end.

    ReplyDelete