Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Exciting and exhilarating

Dear Diary,

Today’s entry will be brought to you by the letter ‘E”. E is for exciting and exhilarating. Adjectives that I wish described me better. My idea of exciting is white water rafting with an experienced guide. My idea of exhilarating is hitting the snooze button an extra time. Not that I think I have to go sky diving or get into confrontations with people who cut me off in traffic to have real excitement. I just wish that every once in a while I had the courage to go out on a limb and do something really exhilarating like hitting the snooze button two extra times, or taking our raft down the rapids without a  hired guide. To do something that will thrill the adventurer who lives inside me and longs to be let out every so often.

Until next time,
Me

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Found your blog through the A to Z Challenge. I too wish I had the courage to go out on a limb. Since I'm turning 35 this year, I've decided to do more "exciting" and "exhilarating" things. Good luck!

    Rae
    Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Publication

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about hitting the snooze button while sleeping on a raft going down the rapids? Exhilarating, right?

    I wish I could use those words to describe me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the desire to do things that are not a part of my everyday reality. Too many if onlys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rae, I'm trying to do things that are out of my comfort zone, I still need to work on it.
    @Kris, that might be too exhilarating for me, although I have to say it would be a new and exciting experience.
    @Vanessa exactly my problem, reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you stay clear of traffic confrontations. My mother is s much more adventurous then me, she has gone whitewater rafting, paragliding, travelled all over the world, just in the last couple of years. I'd like to do something that scares me everyday, but it sounds like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete