Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fleas

Dear Diary,

So we moved to a new place, mostly because SO and I hated living with BB's pets. Now we are in a pet free environment, we no longer smell pet potty or have pet messes, but we have fleas! Aparently the people who lived here before had a pet (I'm guessing a cat, I really don't understand why people have cats!) and that pet had fleas. What I don't understand is the carpets were cleaned before we moved in, and the fleas survived this? Most of the things we have read about getting rid of them say that soap and hot water are enough to kill them, but when they clean carpets don't they use soap and hot water?

We found some natural remedies that we are going to try, hopefully they work, because SO is getting bitten a lot. Knock on wood I have not been bitten yet, and I would like to get rid of the fleas before I do. I find it ironic that we move away from pets and find ourselves dealing with a pet problem. I guess it's always something *shrug* off to buy some baking soda and salt for the carpets, we've got a lot of cleaning to do. Worst part washing the bedding and rugs again, we just did that before we moved them over.

Until next time,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Fleas are tricky little things. I was reading the other day that their eggs can stay in the carpet and survive practically anything. The trick is to clean, then vacuum before stepping in that area I guess. Good luck!
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the fleas !!!!!

    ReplyDelete